It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: HELP !!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:23 pm 

ok...i am not real sure how to go about this but ya'll r about my last hope.

i have bees (not wasps) under my shed...my husbands idea of filling it with wasp sparay doesn't strike me as very organic.

i have some kind of galls on my tree leaves (I think it is some kind of ash) and i would put a pic in here if i could figure out how.

and i have some kind of little pesky thing eating up all my roses buds...aphids, maybe? would include a pic of that also....if i could...lol

can anybody help me? :?
Vicky[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:22 pm 

Spray or paint hot pepper tea on the wood to repel the bees. Galls, unless heavily populated, are no more than a cosmetic problem. If heavy, stress is apparent so apply the the Sick Tree Treatment starting with root flare exposure. Blast the aphids with with a strong spray of water. Add Garrett Juice so you can foliar feed at the same tiime.

Post subject: thanku mutchly
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:00 pm 

The bee man i talked to said from the size of the swarm there were prolly 15 to 20 thousand bees....so I just paint or spray it around the hole they fly in and out of? And then they will just leave?

I really would hate to kill them...they r supposed to b good for bio-diversity or something, right?

i have been trying to improve this little piece of earth and give back as much as i can to her... :)
Thanks again,'
Vicky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:10 pm 

If they are honeybees, they wouldn't be living under a shed, but maybe inside the walls. If you block the entrance, you will kill the hive just as if you used poison. If they can't live with the queen, the colony will die. If you want to save the honeybees, if that's what they are, you will have to either let them live there or get a beekeeper to come and remove them. If they are ground-nesting bees, I don't know of any way to get them to leave. The only alternative is to kill them. If you do want to kill them using a more organic method, you can use soapy water to drench the hive.