It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:19 pm 

Let's keep this post alive, considering prices are ever changing and new shops open up all the time.

Also we need more sources in the Denton, Lewisville, Frisco area!

So far I purchased CGM $20.70 for 50lbs. at D & L Feed in Aubrey (east of Denton, west of Frisco) off Hwy 377, they had other products too.

I will be calling around this week since I'm picking up supplies for the landscaping company I work for, so I'll keep probing around for good deals and keep you all up to date. Keep the post alive, these pre-mixed organic fertilizer prices are a little discouraging to the converts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:32 pm 

One thing I would like to emphasize is that not all these stores are going to be TOTALLY organic. Check here for a list of TORC acceptable and unacceptable products:

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_org_research.php?id=5

Shades of Green in Frisco is completely organic. 10% off organic ammendments and fertilizers for Ground Crew members.

The Lewisville Feed Store carries molasses, Garrett Juice... These guys are great! They will help you find what you want even if it is from a competitor!
119 E. Main Street
Lewisville 972-436-3596

County Feed & Pet Supply 940-387-6732
111 Industrial
Denton, TX

AG Grand 940-464-7132
Argyle , TX is well worth the drive for some of the most super-charged compost tea --- it's aerated :!: --- They also offer for sale compost aerators in several sizes for home use up to a large scale operation.

Dennis' Farm Store 940-382-1235
320 Bell Place
Denton, TX

Huggins Nursery 972-539-4011
1616 Arrowhead Dr. at Main Street, Flower Mound, TX

Meador Nursery 940-382-2638
2612 Ft. Worth Dr.
Denton, TX

Smith Farm & Garden 972-436-9410
1311 S. Stemmons Frwy.
Lewisville, TX
Very friendly, knowlegeable and helpful!

Sanger General Store & Organic Depot (MOVED TO DECATUR)

Planet Enterprises 940-458-4194
Sanger, TX (MOVED TO GRAHAM)

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Last edited by Nadine on Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:42 am 

Sanger? thats just up the road a bit... :)

Thanks for the heads up.

mark
<><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:46 pm 

Just a bit, but from what I've seen of the options in Denton, I'm going to be checking out that store in Sanger once it warms back up. (Tomorrow's gonna be brutal!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:33 pm 

TurfLover wrote:
Great place to buy bulk compost, mulch, soil mixes, etc.

Much cheaper and better quality than the bagged stuff.

The people are very knowledgeable and friendly too.

http://www.soilbuildingsystems.com

:D I agree wholeheartedly! This is where I get my mulch and bedding materials. They do not use pine bark mulch in their products. Some of the other suppliers do. It's close to home, too! (Carrollton) :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 pm 

hime wrote:
Just a bit, but from what I've seen of the options in Denton, I'm going to be checking out that store in Sanger once it warms back up. (Tomorrow's gonna be brutal!)

Since the Sanger General Store relocated to Decatur, why not drive over to Argyle? AG Grand 940-464-7132 Argyle , TX can hook you up with aerated compost tea. Call ahead and let them know how much you want and they will have it ready for you. They also sell compost tea aerators in many sizes!

The Laws of Ecology:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:47 pm 

Nadine wrote:
Since the Sanger General Store relocated to Decatur, why not drive over to Argyle? AG Grand 940-464-7132 Argyle , TX

Hmmm... I just now noticed this. That's a shame. So where's this AG Grand? I'm getting low on various cornmeal products. There are other places in Denton to get it, but the Sanger place had pretty good prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:26 pm 

AG Grand is in Argyle. Call 940-464-7132

The Laws of Ecology:

Post subject: What about feed stores?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 am 

I often hear them mentioned as a more "inexpensive" source for, f'rinstance "corn meal" in 50 lb. bags. (Hint, hint) Can anyone recommend some feed stores in the N. Dallas/Plano/Frisco area? I know about Wells Bros., shop there for most of my stuff, but I'm seeking alternatives. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:18 pm 

Since you are in Carrollton, why not drive up to Lewisville? Smith Farm & Garden is there and they might have it, also try Lewisville Feed on Main St.

The Laws of Ecology:

Post subject: Frisco Source
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:26 am 

Pardner's Farm & Garden on Alpha Avenue in Frisco, right off Preston/Hwy 189 and Main street, has horticultural cornmeal for good prices and several other organic products. The owners are a husband & wife team & very sweet and accommodating. They also have a nice selection of plants and carry feeds of all types.

Smith Farm & Garden is a very good place too, and Bill Garrett in their store is very knowledgeable and helpful too.

Kathe :D

Post subject: MOVING!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:14 am 

Eden's is located at our all natural, horse boarding ranch and chicken farm in Balch Springs; easy access for Dallas & Kaufman County folks via the Seagoville Road exit from I-20, 635 or 175 to Pioneer Road.

Nestled on the outskirts of town at our new location you’ll still find all the nuts and bolts of organic gardening – brand name soil amendments, like Bioform Dry and Texas Tea; pest and disease control like horticultural corn meal & plant oil insect controls; seeds; vegetable plant starts; lush, healthy perennials, flowering shrubs, and annuals to spruce up your yards - you'll just be shopping in the company of friendly chickens, ducks and other farm friends. Plus, on this rustic homestead farm, you'll see some neat native plantings that have been there for generations as well as newly planted demo gardens and see a working 1600 gallon rain harvesting cistern. Plans to actually farm part of the land are underway.

Come grow with us at our new location as I bring safe, organic gardening and living products and information to the Southeast Dallas County area. We'll be bringing in exciting new and hard to find drought tolerant, Texas friendly & native perennials and ornamentals for your flowerbeds! We never know when the rains will stop so we’ll all want to think about using native and drought tolerant plants as our primary choices for sure.
We will continue to seek out local artisians and crafters for thier contributions - rather than import everything we sell. For instance....

NOW available, 100% pure beeswax candles made right here in Dallas! And we carry Jay Mertz's line of Rabbit Hill Farm organic soil amendments from Corsicana Texas. Why pay more for fancy packaging-it doesn't help your soil anyway! Support your local farmers and vendors. Coming soon, fresh, organic produce!

Come in and see us for your 20% Dirt Doctor member discount on most regularly priced items!

Eden’s Organic Garden Center is a fun place to come out to and shop, browse and visit with other gardeners like you! Come experience a taste of the country, just minutes from the city! [color=blue]

Free classes for 2007 are underway.

July 21 Rainwater Harvesting
July 28th Making P.L.A.N.T. People with Miss Janice - Kids 6+ learn some basic gardening and planting. Bring a clean, 1 lb can

Other classes this year will include vegetable gardening, candle making, gardening with kids, composting, container gardens and more! Keep up with all the latest on our website.
www.safe-gardens.com

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

Last edited by Eden's Garden on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:04 am, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:58 am 

Another plug for Soil Building Systems! It is a great source. :D I purchased either the 75/25 bedding soil or the ready to plant mix last year. Winter came and went. In May, my beds began to get overcrowded. I can't believe how much Mexican mint marigold, rosemary, oregano and thyme I have harvested and the beds are still very full. 8)

The Laws of Ecology:

Post subject: Organic sources
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:07 am 

We deliver! Check us on the Dirt Dr. sight- AJ SOUTHWEST

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next