It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:21 pm 

[color=darkred][/color
How many of you out there are using a lawn and garden service that is not strictly organic and given the choice would you switch to an organic only lawn and garden service if the price was right?

Sam Smith
Arcadia Organic Gardens
972-678-1313
arcadiaorganic@earthlink.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:27 pm 

Sam, I have to tell you --the Houston area is an untapped market for the world of organic gardening. It is somewhat frustrating. I have a yard service for mowing and maintaining my lawn here, but I do all the fertilizing, etc. The yardman is starting to take an interest in my "organic" process. Bought a farm near Weimar nearly two years ago and my husand and son help me with all the work there. We are learning as we go, but seeing good results.

I would be thrilled to have an opportunity to use an organic lawn service and can't quite figure out why there are not more people interested in it here in Houston.

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:23 pm 

Houston is not that different from the Dallas Fort Worth area anymore. I would attribute the growing conversion to and popularity of organic gardening to people like Howard Garrett. Does Houston not have someone like him down there? Maybe Howard needs a sindicated national radio program to meet a much larger audience and spread the good word. I am sure he wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

Sam.

arcadiaorganic@earthlink.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:26 am 

I totally agree with you. Just recently for the first time via the computer I was able to actually "see" and "hear" Howard Garrett. He has one segment that is on KHOU here--but I was thinking something national, like HGTV would be great for him and Malcolm Beck. Many times I have wished for a Garden-Ville or Redenta's here. There is certainly alot of opportunity here....but then again, it might be thought of as putting lipstick on a pig with our air pollution. :oops: