It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:01 pm 

I have a 10 year old female boxer who, over the past 6 years, began losing patches of hair on her back at this time every year. My hope is to find an organic means to address this issue. The hair always returns on it's own, but as she gets older the growth is much slower and she looks pitiful, to say the least.

I have come to the unprofessional conclusion that her condition is alergy related. I base this on a few different facts and observations.
1.) Her thyroid test came back negative which can sometimes cause hair loss.
2.) The condition is only present durring this time when alergies are high.
3.) It always corrects itself.

The vet wanted to begin alergy tests as well as bacterial and fungal which it does not seem to be. Quite frankly, she is not affected by this in any other way. There is no itching or dry skin. It is simply a dark patch of skin and she behaves as she does year round. I should also add that this is not a contagious thing as none of my other dogs or cats have this condition. I am sure they think she just looks wierd.

My goal is to see if there is anybody else that has seen such a condition. I would also like to know if there is an organic remedy or "helper" available that can pehaps quicken the hairless cycle.
I have read much about CGM, HCM, DE and much more on this forum, but nothing that concretely addressed my concerns. I took a couple of small file size pics of it, but I noticed there is no way to post them here.

Thank you for any help you may offer. If you have any organic suggestions please include the dosage. Currently, I am not administering any of the above products to my many animals, but I have every one of them on hand.