It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:39 pm 

actually, physical removal is perhaps the singularly most effective way to get rid of weeds.

I would add that stuff to the compost pile after throwing some sugar or molasses on, then putting more molasses on top, and soak it down. That will get it hot, shouldn't have to worry about seeds at that point.

"A righteous person who is wise resembles God: he never disciplines anyone in order to take vengeance upon a wrongdoing, but only so that the person may be set aright, or that others may be deterred."
-St Isaac of Syria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:57 pm 

um...just dump it on, probably can't over do it. If I am using sugar, i just use about a five pound bag, about half and then more material and then half again.

Then water....

"A righteous person who is wise resembles God: he never disciplines anyone in order to take vengeance upon a wrongdoing, but only so that the person may be set aright, or that others may be deterred."
-St Isaac of Syria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:34 pm 

Valarie wrote:
I don't think I should add them to my compost bin or pile, which have NEVER gotten hot. :(

Wait a sec, if you have never had a hot pile I dont think that adding sugar or molasses will solve your problem. You may not have a hot pile for many reasons. Adding sugar may not be the answer.

Fito