It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:35 pm 

Lowe's is giving organics half a chance. Unfortunately they don't have anyone on their sales staff qualified to discuss the pros and cons (cons? what cons?) of using the organic materials they sell. That stuff should be flying off the shelves, but I'm usually the only person I ever see standing there.

Unfortunately I see organic materials as being a low profit industry. When we go on an organic program, we tend to use less and less of the costly chemical stuff and the organic materials just aren't that expensive. So for a company looking at net profits, organics doesn't offer much longevity. And believe me, there comes a time when the corporate owners need to eat. All they can hope for with organics is getting more and more new customers to buy less and less of their stuff. That's not true with every organic product but it sure is with many. The founder of our local composting giant readily admits that he has used compost on his lawn only twice in 30 years and the second time he didn't need it. Once you go totally organic, and you keep up with it, your healthy soil and lack of chemicals will take care of everything for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:07 pm 

I recently went to Loews because I purchased some products from their organic section last year. I was very disappointed in what I found. They had a section labled "organic" and they had non-organic products mixed in with the organic products.

When I went to Loews last year their organic offerings were much better. I have only been to the Loews by the Parks Mall in Arlington. Has anyone else noticed what is going on in the "organic" section of Loews? I fear that the organic display I saw will only lead to confusion as people try to go organic and get mixed results from using the wrong products.

Post subject: Lowe's
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:24 pm 

I agree with you. When you go to Lowe's, you have to know what you are buying. They mix it up and sometimes you have to hunt for what you need. The Lowe's I have visited are in Lake Worth & over by Ridgmar Mall. You are usually better off at a nursery or feed store for your supplies although they can be just as bad. The best approach is to be knowledgeable before you go.

Post subject: chucks links
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:20 am 

It took awhile but I followed the link chuck had on his last post. and followed all other links they are time consuming to read but I strongly suggest everyone read them. They tell a very scary story. Makes me glad my granddad taught us to be organic even though he had never heard of organic in his lifetime. Follow each of the links and read the articles in them. That alone should show any one that organic gardening and farming is best way to go. :)