It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hi Everybody!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:54 pm 

I'm just getting started in gardening after wanting a vegetable garden for several years. This year, I decided to at least do some research before getting started. And of course I found that I should have begun my research last summer or fall, in order to have my beds ready for spring planting!

A few years ago I tried to start some seeds indoors, but I had no idea what I was doing, so of course it was a complete failure. :cry: I didn't give up wanting a garden, but each year I did hesitate to do anything until it was too late in the season, and then I just gave up each time until the next year. But not this year! This year I'll have a garden! :D

While researching, I have come across many good, informative books and websites. Little has compared to this forum, however, in providing what I felt to be good, solid information! :D Through my studies, I have learned about the benefits of planting flowers and herbs with my vegetables. I had never considered planting either of those! I felt like my vegetables should be planted in the ground, like my mother did when I was a kid, but now my eyes are opened, and I plan to have a small container garden as well! :D

Lots of reading, lots of great new ideas...and lots of questions! I hope I don't drive everybody nuts here. :oops: I always try to find the answers to my questions myself, but I'm not always successful, so if I ask a dumb question, please know that I'm not just trying to waste everyone's time. Anyway, it's great to be here.

Michelle

Post subject: Fresh garden
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:56 pm 

Michelle,
Welcome to the Dirt Doctor bulletin board and organic gardening.
Your enthusiasm wil be contagious to other for sure.

My objective this year is to learn more about saving, storeing and inoculation of seeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:19 pm 

Zipper,
Love your Avatar.

Post subject: avatar
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:49 am 

Thanks,
Took some time to find one I could live with and how to get a URL assigned to it. A friend of mine on another discussion board helped me with that.

Post subject: Re: Fresh garden
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:57 am 

ZIPPER wrote:
Michelle,
Welcome to the Dirt Doctor bulletin board and organic gardening.
Your enthusiasm wil be contagious to other for sure.

My objective this year is to learn more about saving, storeing and inoculation of seeds.

Zipper, thanks for the warm welcome!

There is such a wealth of information here! I feel like I've hit the motherload! :D

As I get my garden growing and gain some valuable experience, I hope can make myself useful and contribute as well. :)

Michelle