It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bulk Materials
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:33 pm 

Some people have expressed interest in bulk quantites of bagged fertilizer, drums of molasses and vinegar, DE, etc. I have or am locating sources for these materials now. Let me know what you need and I'll get you a price. Since these materials have considerable weight, we need to be creative about helping each other out with pick-up and deliveries to avoid freight charges. Robert from Rehoboth Ranch shared some information earlier about bulk lava sand and others have mentioned compost and mulch. Let me know what else you need.
Tony M

Post subject: Soil Food
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:38 pm 

I have a need for some bulk product. I recently purchased six acres that I have three cows on. However, the grass is in pretty bad shape, mostly weeds. I live in western Oklahoma and there are no organic resources around. Where would you recommend I go for some organic 'fertilzer'? As shipping my make it cost prohibitive, I might pick it up myself. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:32 am 

The three cows provide the organic fertilizer for you. Just rotate them around through the field and it will come.

If you wanted a faster acting nitrogen source, add some chickens. They will dig through the cattle poop and eat the worms and flies for you. They also spread their own poop out and about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:07 pm 

Hello Folks,
That is what We deal with at Watson Ranch, Bulk Liquid Organic Fertilizer Programs. We Have all the Bulk you need from one acre to Thousands of Acres, all at affordable prices. We have a proven system that works on Pastures as well as fruits and vegtables. Check us out and let us know how we can help you.
Thanks,
Brad Watson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:59 pm 

Med,
Molasses and cornmeal should be easy for you to get at any feed store. Rotational grazing with chickens sounds great. The smaller your paddocks the better.

Last fall on 5 of our acres we put out lava sand, greensand, and molasses. We broadcast winter grass seed and it all took very nicely. Understand this area looked useless in the beginning!

Good luck! Hang in there.