It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:54 am 

I'm starting a series of threads for y'all to list the places you can go to get organic products in your area. If anyone accidentally posts to the wrong city, I'll go ahead and move it to the right place (if I can). If you list a place that specialized in only one or a few organic products, please let us know. For example if a place only sells compost, we need to know not to go there for alfalfa meal or corn gluten meal.

If the numbers of visits to this thread don't warrant leaving this message near the top of the forum, then I'll take the 'sticky' off and let it drift.

I'm starting this series of threads for the bigger cities in Texas. If there is interest in other towns or cities outside of Texas, please start your own thread here and I'll put the sticky on it. If the super administrator wants to move this to a new forum, that might happen, since this is not just a lawns issue. If that happens, I'll let y'all know where to find them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:12 pm 

I have found quite a few places in Austin to buy organic products in the last few months. I'm ALWAYS looking for more sources, so please let me know who I'm missing. The following is a list of the retailers with the major products I can remember seeing there. Most of these are focused on the north side of Austin toward Cedar Park as we live on the north shores of Lake Travis.

- The Natural Gardener (Southwest Austin) - EVERYTHING - by far the best source I have found in Austin. Makers of the Lady Bug line of products. Worth a trip just to check it out!
- Home Depot (NW Austin on Lakeline Blvd. & 183) - Corn gluten, Medina products, Concern products, Fish emulsion, Some Lady Bug products, Dillo Dirt
- Callahan's General Store (Cedar Park) - Dry Molasses
- Garden-Ville (RR 620 west of 183) - All Garden-Ville products, obviously
- S.M.P.I. (FM 1431 west of 183) - Garden-Ville Mulch and Compost, Dillo Dirt, Garden-Ville bagged and bottled products.
- Winkley's Hardware and General Store (183 @ FM 1431) - Lady Bug Bagged Products

I need a place to get animal manure for my compost. Does anyone have any suggestions at least in the Northwest Austin Area, but preferably between Cedar Park and Marble Falls?

Post subject: Austin organic sources
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:20 am 

All the Lowe's stores in the Austin area have the organic products; Medina, Maxicrop, Concern, Bioform and other good ones. They also carry 2 or 3 kinds of good composts in their large bags areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:03 pm 

Is there anywhere near Round Rock (North Austin) to buy nematodes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:53 am 

This may be of help. Call before you go to any of the stores just to make sure. :wink: http://www.garden-ville.com/Locations/Retail_Garden_Centers/Texas.htm

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:41 pm 

I have recently converted to organic gardening :P and I have lots of nasty chemicals to dispose of :oops: . Does anyone know where in the Austin area I can safely dispose of this stuff?

I noticed Home Depot on I35 & Howard Lane has organic stuff including Medina, corn meal, green sand, lava sand, etc.

The Natural Gardener is fantastic, but it's a 45 minute drive from Pfugerville. I'm hoping to find some good sources with less driving.

Post subject: Green & Greener
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:40 pm 

Green and Greener in Pflugervillle ( on Pecan Street ) is where I go to get the organic essentials. This place is a must see for garden enthusiasts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:03 am 

I need a source for browns (e.g. leaves) for my compost pile. If anybody has any extra, I'd be glad to take them off your hands :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:13 am 

If you live in the North Suburbs (Cedar Park, Leander, Lago Vista, Georgetown):

SBCI Materials on the corner of Lakeline and 1431 carries all the Garden-ville soil and materials (i.e. seeweed, anti-fuego). They are just getting started and only have a small selection of plants.

Flowerscapes in Liberty Hill is definitely worth going to. Their place is almost as nice as the Natural Gardener's, and just as big. Take 183 north to Highway 29, and head west a few miles. Their website is www.flowerscapes.info

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 pm 

Situated in South Cerney near Cirencester,
Camelia Flowers has a signature style which has a high
‘wow factor’ without breaking the bank. We create simple
yet stylish floral arrangements of high quality blooms for the home,
office, gifts and special occasions.
[url="http://www.fireresistantclothingchoice.com/fire-retardant-clothing.html"]Fire retardant Clothing[/url]
[url="http://www.fireresistantclothingchoice.com/fire-retardant-clothing.html"]fire retardant work clothing[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:22 pm 

Here's two more places that sell Organics;Breed and Co,718 west 29th.street,about 2 blocks west of the drag and then there's a nice little place in Pflugerville called Green& Growing,601 west pecan,they have all kinds or organics there.I always by my lawn fertilizer from these guys.They also have good plants and trees. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 pm 

Also about manure,check craigslist,in the farm&garden section.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:11 pm 

If I'm correct, these are from North to South.

Hill Country Water Gardens in Cedar Park on old Hwy 183 (non-toll hwy) carries the Natural Gardener's Lady Bug brand.

Callaghan's in Cedar Park (in the old warehouse) has 50lb bags corn meal, corn glutten meal, and dried mollasses.

Home Depot near Lakeline Blvd and Hwy 183 has the Medina product line. Also has an incredible native Texas mulch.

Garden-ville on RR 620 (just south of Anderson Mill Road)- Garden-ville products.

Red Barn Garden Center on Pond Springs Road in NW Austin has some organic products like foliage sprays (neem oil) and large bags of things like mollasses, corn meal, cgm, ect. Also has beneificial nematodes and lady bugs. They carry full line of Lady Bug products too.

The Great Outdoors Nursery on S. Congress has some things like compost tea and if I'm not mistaken, some Medina products.

The Natural Gardener way down in Southwest Austin is the place of John Dromgoole. His ladybug brand is pretty well known around Austin. They also have compost tea and mulch.