It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:05 pm 

I want to share what I found when looking for a plumber to run a sewage line: :)
http://www.statewidesupply.com/questions.html

BIO-CLEAN is... a blend of bacteria and enzymes. The bacteria are natural, not genetically-engineered. The enzyme concentration is the most powerful on the market.

SAFE
Bio-Clean is non-poisonous. It creates no heat, no fumes, no boiling. It does not attack live tissue nor inorganic materials, only organic wastes like grease, hair, food particles, paper, cotton & sewage. This makes BIO-CLEAN safe for people, plumbing and the environment. BIO-CLEAN changes the waste particles into water, carbon dioxide and mineral ash, which run harmlessly out of your waste system. These elements are then available for plant life.

EFFECTIVE
Within an hour after pouring the bacteria into the drain, the bacteria begin to eat their way into the waste that has accumulated on the sides and top of the drain pipe. This is their natural food. They digest the waste and spread throughout your system, cleaning it completely.

MULTIPURPOSE
• Residential and commercial applications
• All drain and sewer pipes, including:
Kitchen Sinks, Lavatories, Bath tubs, Showers, Floor drains, Laundry drains, Septic tanks and drain fields, Garbage disposal odors, Grease traps, Sewage ejector sumps, Outdoor outhouses and cesspools, R.V. & boat holding tanks, Lift Stations, and Cat Litter Boxes
ECONOMICAL
• 100 drain treatments per 2 lb. container
• 2lb. container treats 1,000 gallon septic tank
• Eliminates the need to clean grease traps and cable drains
• Eliminates the need to buy dangerous chemicals
• Eliminates the need to buy deodorant blocks (urinals.)
• Eliminates costly compensation to employees that have been injured by using dangerous chemicals.

Pyramid Plumbing Co
2750 Northaven Rd Suite 306
Dallas, TX 75229
972-247-5564 sells it for $39.99 plus tax.

Jaeger Plumbing Services (now Ben Franklin Plumbing)
1911 Old Denton Road Suite A
Carrollton, TX 75006
972-245-4863 sells it for $49.99 plus tax.

It would pay to call dealers in your area for the best price! http://www.statewidesupply.com/dealer_l ... ocator.php

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject: Bio Safe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:14 pm 

So, if I read this correctly do you think I could put this in my sewer line that runs from my house to the city tap? We have about six bends in 50 foot of sewer pipe and three of them have begun to seperate and there are tree roots emerging through. Or would this possibly damage my tree? Ooooh, do you think if I were to use it in my shower it would eventually damage my tree anyways since the cracks are already there?

Christina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:05 am 

It will not get the live tree roots out of your line since it does not break down living tissue. You will need a plumber for that. Best to replace the pipes, in the long run.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:34 pm 

Resurrecting an older thread to see if anyone has used this product yet and what results were acheived.

I have a drain line for my washing machine which probably has a "belly" in the line creating an environment for clogs to accumulate causing me to have the line worked about twice per year. If this product were to work it would definitely be a cost saver for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:57 pm 

I reciently had a plumber at the house for roots in the sewage lines, he cleaned them out as best he could and told me to flush a bottle of copper sulphate down the toilet every 6 months. I did this and so far so good. this was about a month ago and the drain is working fine right now. Any plumbing supply has copper sulphate.

Post subject: sewage lines
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:48 pm 

Copper sulfate will do a lot of harm to any trees that it comes in contact with. :( It doesn't correct the problem (bad pipes), just provides a temporary solution.