It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tea Recipe Central
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:39 am 

Post your herb tea recipes here, add your comments about recipes you've tried, and tell others about your tips and tricks for making herb teas. If you've found that the character of the water or type of tea pot you use affects the flavor or other aspects of the tea, we'd like to know that also.

Last edited by Enzyme11 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:30 pm 

My favorite tea is Chai. Here is a link to many recipes. http://www.odie.org/chai/index.html They all look so good! I haven't tried them all, but the ones that appeal to me I have and enjoyed them very much. Jane :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:46 am 

I try to keep a small container of zest or peel from organic lemons or oranges in the freezer so that I can pop a small piece into a cup of tea if I want some citrus flavor and don't have juice available. Using preferably unwaxed organic lemons or oranges, I clean the outside, then either peel off the outermost part of the rind or remove it with a zester, preferably with as little white pith as possible. If the fruit is waxed, I usually try to remove the wax first. It doesn't require much of this to add a nice citrus undertone to tea. There is some work suggesting that limonoids, particularly limonoid glucosides--some of which is in the citrus peel--might have some anti-cancer properties. I have seen it hypothesized that one reason behind an apparent difference between the health of Mediterranean residents and Americans is that the Mediterraneans tend to eat more citrus peel than we do. Ergo, Vitamin C might not be the main/only beneficial agent in citrus. I still think it's a good question what factor pesticide residue plays in that citrus-related health calculus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:13 pm 

Does anyone know where you can get good jasmine tea in D/FW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:50 pm 

I drink Long Jang or Dragon Pearl every morning, two cups to be exact, and have for 5 years now.

My wife is from Hong Kong and her family has been drinking green tea all their lives. My wifes' mother and father have now outlived all of my grandparents by at least 5 years and are still going strong.

I did not even get a sniffle this winter and feel better every day that I drink it.

My mother in law buys it in Shanghai and sends it to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:36 am 

Does anyone know where to buy Mu tea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:46 am 

Have you tried any of the local Asian markets? I did a google search on Mu tea and there are several sources offering it in either bags or bulk. For those who don't know, Mu tea is a Chinese tea containing 16 herbs considered to be tonic herbs and was originally formulated by Ohsawa. "The tonic herbs are truly profound super-nutrients which enhance body functions, ultimately helping to establish optimum physiological functioning." This is from an interesting article, http://www.natural-connection.com/resou ... u_tea.html.

Last edited by Health Helper on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: mu tea
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:30 am 

Silly me. I google everything else. I don't know why I didn't google mu. That is an interesting article.
Thank you